Tuesday 25 September 2012

back to running

Yesterday I went for a jog for the first time in a long time. There is nothing like pushing yourself and realising exactly how much stamina and form you have lost.

Rewind twelve months ago when I was running five kilometres every Saturday morning. With a couple of shorter distance jogs in between. I was frequently running 10k fun runs - and enjoying them!

Now I am panting and huffing and wheezing after just one kilometre. What a turn around for the worse. I went to the local athletics track yesterday morning and ran for one kilometre (2.5 laps) then walked one lap. Then a bit more running and a bit more walking. Repeat. I jogged a total of two kilometres.

I did enjoy being at the athletics track and think I will return to run there more often. It is so satisfying to know exactly the distance you have jogged, and so comforting to know my water bottle in close reach at the completion of each lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment