Saturday 22 September 2012

the beginning

The big question... where to begin...

When so much needs to be done, how does one take that very first step? A deliberate step that will bring a sense of calm and happiness. Perhaps those feelings will come later and right now I just need to put my nose to the grindstone and start working.

I want to address mostly my health and fitness. While I may look reasonably healthy to others I worry about what is going on internally. I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease. My diet is high in refined sugar and I am dreading my next visit to the dentist. I lack any sort of fitness and want (need) to start moving again. A recent ski weekend was not as much fun as it should have been. This summer I am looking forward to hiking and swimming and a whole bunch of activities. I don't want it to be a struggle.

This weekend I shall clear the (physical) clutter in my house and make room in my mind for new ideas. And maybe I will get this show on the road and go for a jog.


No comments:

Post a Comment